The history of MBH Trucking, L.L.C. began with Brian Hitchcock’s grandfather, Lyman B. Hitchcock. In 1953 Lyman started hauling bagged fertilizer for the local elevator in Williamston, MI. The following year he expanded to four trucks and grain trailers, which moved government corn from bin sites throughout lower Michigan to the terminal in Ottawa Lake. In 1959 Brian’s father, Allen Hitchcock, started driving for his father and continued driving up until Lyman retired from the trucking business.
In August of 1960 Brian’s parents, Allen and Dorothy Hitchcock, founded A & D Hitchcock Trucking Inc. With only two trucks and two sets of grain trailers, they hauled agricultural commodities for Michigan Elevator Exchange to the ports of Saginaw, MI and Toledo, OH. Allen and his brother Barry worked from the family farm in Williamston until 1964 when the trucking operation was moved to Webberville.
At a very young age Brian became interested in the family’s trucks. As a child he would ride along with his father or uncle whenever he had a chance. Brian worked on the trucks throughout high school and began driving after he graduated.
In 1998, Brian formed MBH Trucking, L.L.C. with two trucks and two liquid tankers. With the determination and ambition that Brian has shown all his life, he moved to his present location in 2001 and built the current offices and shop. The company has grown over the years with the help and dedication of Brian’s three sons, Rick, Jordan, and Ryan. Together they have expanded MBH Trucking to a fleet of 26 trucks, 35 trailers, and a total of 28 employees.
MBH Trucking, L.L.C. is currently serving customers throughout the MidWest and Eastern United States.